Thanks for visiting the website. I know privacy is a big issue for lots of us and I totally respect that. To help you understand what, how and why I collect information about you when you use the site, please read this policy. I always use it to define how I use personal data and this is done in relation to the latest rules and laws. If there’s anything that doesn’t make sense, or you want to check, my contact information is at the bottom, feel free to send me an email.
Date of notice 17/05/18
What we collect
- Email address
These might be collected if you sign up for the email newsletter or if you leave a comment on a blog post.
- IP address
- Demographic information (general stuff like gender, general location)
- Website use
- Service logs
- Phone number (if you ring me)
We always try not to collect sensitive data and if by some means we do, we delete it as soon as possible.
How it is collected
Sometimes we also receive data from third-party companies such as Google and Facebook who are based outside the EU.
How your information is used
We use information for the following purposes:
- To operate and maintain the website
- To send promotional information if you consent to this by signing up for a form including newsletter and marketing information as well as administrative emails such as security alerts
- To respond to comments or enquiries
- To offer user support if required
- To track and measure advertising on the website
- To protect, investigate and deter unauthorised or illegal activity
We also use information for marketing communications when you consent to this by adding your information to one of the opt-in forms around the website. Under the PECR we can send you marketing information if you buy something from the website or have agreed to receive these communications. You can also stop this at any time by using the unsubscribe button on every email or by emailing me at the address below to request these communications stop.
What third-party companies have access to the data?
Some data may be shared with third party companies which include the following:
- ConvertKit (email subscription company)
- Siteground (website hosting)
- Google Analytics (analytic information)
- Gmail (email)
- Any government body that requires it
- Professional advisors w=such as lawyers, auditors and tax consultants
- Any third party if we sell or merge the business
How & Where it is stored
Data is stored on the secure servers of the Thirty Party companies that are listed above. These may be outside the EU because this is where they are located. Most of these companies are in the US in which case your data is protected by the EU-US Privacy Shield agreement.
How long it is stored for
Data is stored for a minimum of 6 years for tax purposes.
Email addresses are retained as long as you remain a subscriber to the email list unless we cancel the list. You do have the below rights around this data and you can also use the ‘unsubscribe’ option on every email if you wish to stop receiving emails
How we used it
Data is used to offer the services and information you have requested (such as signing up for the email newsletter) and also to allow the website to work properly (such as making it appear correct if you are on a smartphone rather than a PC)
Your rights around your data
Under the GDPR you have the following rights:
- The right to access the information we hold on you
- The right to have data corrected
- The right to be forgotten
- The right to restrict the use of the data
- The right to request a copy of the data
- The right to object to the processing of the data
- The right to withdraw consent
- The right to unsubscribe to any email correspondence (which is in every email)
If you are unhappy or want to get more information on these rights, you can contact the ICO www.ico.org who will help you. But please contact me first as I can usually sort the problem!
Third party links
If you have any queries or want to know anything else about this policy, you can email me, Angela Tempest, at [email protected] as the sole owner of this business.